The responsibility for good corporate governance of the Hospital is vested on the Board. The Board ensures that the Hospital complies with the law and the highest standards of corporate governance principles and work ethics. The Board has been at the forefront in ensuring that the Hospital is run in a professional manner through proper management structures and continues to inculcate generally accepted corporate governance principles in the management of the hospitals operations. Members of the Board include.
Rt. Rev. Virgilio Pante, Bishop Catholic Diocese Of Maralal
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF MANAGEMENT BOARD
- Responsible for ensuring that the hospital mission is clearly stated and that the hospitals operations and board priorities are driven by the hospitals mission.
- Strategic planning -it is the responsibility of the board to ensure that the hospital operates within the framework of a long-term vision and goals.
- The board has the ultimate responsibility for financial viability of the hospital.
- All board members shall be the ambassadors and advocates of the hospital and can represent the hospital publicly on special occasions with the consent of the board.
- The hospital Governing board shall oversee the overall financial activity of the hospital and make certain that appropriate internal controls are in place.
- Monitor and strengthen service delivery.
- Ensure legal and Ethical integrity.
- Ensure human resource planning and development.
- Ensure hospital compliance with environmental regulations.
- Manage Risk.