The Wamba Catholic Mission is in the process of Equipping our Hospital Physiotherapy Unit to a modern and fully equipped unit with full time qualified and dedicated physiotherapists. The unit currently strives to prevent disabilities, enhance development, relieve pain, restore and improve motor functions of the body. Our services are administered to both inpatients and outpatients and they include:-
Occupational Therapy |Pressure garment fitting following burns | Mobility Aids and Orthopaedic Appliances
- Therapeutic exercises – aimed at improving joint mobility, muscle tone, strength and function
- Cryotherapy – use of ice and ice packs. In acute conditions it reduces pain and swelling.
- Therapeutic manipulation and Manual therapy- done manually or by traction or mechanical massage- induces relaxation ,breaks muscle tension and adhesion
- Measuring and fitting post burns pressure garments
- Splinting – dynamic, static etc
- Prosthesis /orthosis
- Post mastectomy bra/foam
Hours of operation
Monday to Friday 7.00am to 6.00pm
Saturday 8.00am to 4.00pm
Sunday and public holidays are closed to outpatients
There is a physiotherapist on call at all times. Outpatients are seen on appointment.
For more information please contact
Secretary Wamba Catholic Hospital